Did You Know We Offer Cloud Communication Solutions?
Traditional phone systems are a thing of the past. Landlines are expensive, rigid, and inconvenient, so why not modernize the way you communicate?
Modern businesses are relying more and more on cloud-based communication platforms today. By placing phone calls over the cloud using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems, and integrating video meetings, instant messaging, and other communication capabilities into a single environment, businesses gain greater connectivity, more features, and reduced costs.
Do you know what modern cloud communications offer you?
Combine phone, video calling, and other key capabilities in the cloud and you get a Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform. UCaaS uses the cloud to deliver communications services and offer additional integrations and features such as mobile apps, online conferencing, and contact center applications. Since these services are provided via cloud-based infrastructure, prices are affordable for any size of business.
The UCaaS market continues to grow as companies adjust to remote working conditions during the current pandemic — as an industry, it’s expected to be worth $28.69 billion by the end of this year alone.
Staying connected is essential for any organization — and it’s easier than ever before. Small and mid-sized businesses can now benefit from the reliable business phones that larger companies have, but without the high price tag and unnecessary complexities. That’s why we offer GoToConnect solutions for our clients.
What Features Does GoToConnect Offer?
- GoToConnect slashes prices compared to traditional phone systems, allowing you to reallocate funds to other areas of your business that need attention.
- Your connectivity and means of collaboration improve, keeping you connected and in-the-loop even when you are on the go. Video conferencing, mobile support and more make this a full-fledged communications platform.
- A wide range of innovative features makes your communications easier and more effective, helping to increase productivity and improve your workflow.
- GoToConnect is fully scalable, allowing for changes to be made quickly and seamlessly, without causing any kind of disruption or downtime, and without the usual hefty fees associated with installations and changes to your service agreement
- You can access services, hardware, upgrades, and support for a low, predictable monthly fee.
- GoToConnect offers 24/7 technical support and ongoing maintenance.
- GoToConnect offers the ability to carry on as usual in the event of a power outage, or even when your office itself is out of commission due to a disaster situation such as a fire or flood.
Can You Use A Cloud Phone As A Regular Phone?
Yes — GoToConnect can replace your regular business phone. When the VoIP phone calls go across the Internet, they hand off to other phone services through gateways (similar to cellular phone services, plain old analog lines, etc.). That means a VoIP system can be used to make and receive calls with any other type of phone, anywhere in the world.
VoIP services can be accessed from anywhere in the world with a simple internet connection and any internet-connected device — phone, tablet, computer, smartphone. This is especially important right now, as work-from-home has become a major part of the business world.
Remote work capabilities have become extremely important during the COVID-19 pandemic, and they will be when it’s over as well. The ability to keep your staff connected, whether they’re working from home, on the road, at a client’s location, or elsewhere will always be of value — and that’s what GoToConnect offers you.
By accessing your business phones through the cloud, you can:
- Provide remote business phone lines to staff members working at home
- Provide remote business phone lines to staff members working on the road
- Manage multiple business locations, home offices, or other premises on the same business phone network
Key Reasons To Consider GoToConnect
- Lower Startup Costs: Perhaps the best reason to switch to a cloud-based Internet communications system is the low start-up costs. Unlike a traditional phone system, you don’t have to invest in a massive phone box, server and headsets, and phone models that were often locked into a particular provider. All you have to have for Internet phone service is Internet service and a VoIP-enabled phone or headset for each station.
- Lowered Monthly Bills (And No Surprise Charges): You won’t just save money on the initial costs when you switch to a cloud-based phone system.
- Easy Collaboration: Another significant advantage to cloud-based phone service is the ability to connect and share data with other project members, no matter where they are located. Outside sales reps, employees who telecommute and home-office personnel can all easily be added to the same call.
- Reduced Downtime: While traditional phone service is subject to power outages and is dependent on an obsolete and decaying infrastructure, GoToConnect is not tied to a physical location and thus experience much less downtime than traditional phone service. Imagine being able to continue to talk to customers, even during a power outage or storm. Plus, since you can use your system off-site, you can still take calls during extreme conditions, such as a hurricane or flood.
- Automatic Upgrades: With a system like this, you’ll always have access to the latest technology. Your system will be automatically updated as new technology becomes available. You don’t have to invest in new hardware as you do when you upgrade your landline system. Plus, unlike older phone systems, cloud-based systems don’t have to be re-booted for an upgrade to be live — yet another way you’ll experience less downtime.
- Scale Up Or Down: GoToConnect also accommodates your company’s growth and can be as flexible as you are. Do you need five new lines to handle holiday phone traffic? Do you need to move phone lines from one location to another? Do you need to subtract an off-site line for a worker who no longer is with your company? These types of moves can be handled in a matter of seconds, whereas landline phone companies would require a service call.
- Streamline Your Communications: GoToMeeting can provide most, if not all of your telecommunications needs, from conference calls to video conferencing to having your voicemail messages sent to your email box. With GoToConnect, you don’t have to worry about contracting with a bunch of outside providers for these extra services.
- Easily Accessible Phone Records: With GoToConnect, your phone records are always accessible online. You don’t have to worry about finding a paper record. This is especially important for businesses like law and accounting firms that bill back clients for time spent on the phone on their behalf.
How Does VoIP Support Collaboration?
GoToConnect provides improved efficiency by limiting issues that come from having to replace or fix phones, as well as complicated management of adding and/or removing employees. On traditional landline phone systems, you would have to wait lengthy periods of time for a phone to be replaced, or for a roll truck to fix issues. All this time spent waiting is time when you and your team can’t work.
With a system like this, you don’t have to deal with these issues, which means less downtime. GoToConnect also improves efficiency by providing you with numerous options for routing and answering calls, without the expensive on-premises technology and staff.
With an assigned business phone number, you and your employees can take work calls on any device they like, both in and out of the office. This is especially powerful for businesses with mobile, remote workers, and Bring Your Own Device Policies.
Whether your employees are in a single location or at multiple sites, desk-bound or road-bound, taking inbound calls or making outbound calls, GoToConnect provides a solution that best fits your business communication style.
Need Expert Assistance With Cloud-Based Communications?
Moving to GoToConnect does not have to be a cumbersome and time-consuming challenge — especially with help from ExcalTech.
With a UCaaS solution (like the GoToConnect option preferred by ExcalTech), you can get rid of the hassles of maintenance agreements, capital expenditure, truck rolls, and lengthy wait periods that outdated communication solutions come with.
Get in touch with our team to discover more.