With all the communication tools that businesses use today, there still is no more important option than the telephone system. Unfortunately for small businesses, the telephone system can be expensive and hard to manage. However, there is a way for you to get a fully featured telephone service with some of the most important tools your business needs, at a fraction of the price you currently pay for your enterprise telephone system.
With that, we’d like to introduce you to VoIP.
What Is VoIP?
VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is a telephone system that uses your business’ Internet connection to fuel its telephone system. Rather than paying the antiquated telephone company an arm and a leg, you can now use your existing Internet connection to host a dynamic and reliable telephone platform. There are different tiers of VoIP, but today’s most cost effective, and popular, is a VoIP platform that is hosted in the cloud.
Using a VoIP system can frequently provide a business with a variety of operational perks:
- VoIP is easily manageable – Your VoIP solution will either be hosted on your in-house infrastructure or in a dedicated cloud server, making management simpler and reconfiguration possible in just a few clicks.
- VoIP enables mobility – A VoIP system doesn’t restrict your employees to only using their business telephone while physically at their desk. While it will work with a dedicated business phone, your employees can also leverage a mobile device via a dedicated application.
- VoIP provides cost reductions – One of VoIP’s most attractive benefits is how it can scale back your communication costs in multiple ways. VoIP eliminates the need to pay for phone services on top of your Internet service, and most “premium” features are generally included.
- VoIP incorporates integrations – VoIP solutions can be integrated into your other management and line of business solutions.
- VoIP offers advanced features – VoIP has some built-in options that can really be a huge benefit for your business. These include call waiting, call forwarding, instant and text messaging, and video and audio conferencing.
Naturally, higher-tier plans will have a greater selection of these features available, allowing you to boost your operations even further.
Would you like to know more about VoIP? Call ExcalTech’s IT professionals today at (833) 392-2583 to get more information.